Since last weeks Friday Favourites: Things I've learnt about make up post was so well received I've decided to do another along the same line. Things I've learnt about dressing for my body type. Firstly some context for you. I'm in my late 20's, 170cm tall, a size 12 (AUD), 32E. But more importantly to this post, I have very short legs and a very long torso. My friends never fully believe me until I prove it. I've clearly learnt to hide it over the years with the way that I dress.
So here are the things I've learnt, in case there are any other short-legged, long torso girls out there who want some tips and tricks.
1. Skirts and dresses become your best friend. Basically if they can't see where your legs start then you can trick people into thinking they are long.
2. High waisted skirts in particular have been kind to me. If people are focusing on your waist then they just assume you legs aren't far away. They'll never know there's this 'extra' bit of torso hanging out.
3. 'Mini' anything probably wont work for you, unless you like showing your vagina off in public. Remember that 'extra' bit of torso, well that makes mini dresses shirts on you.
4. Pants will be hard to find but not impossible. I totally still wear pants and jeans. Good hint, if something is labeled 'cropped' or leg 30' it will probably be the perfect length on you.
5. Speaking of pants, I find that having a touch of exposed ankle between my jeans and my shoes makes my legs seem longer.
Most importantly though, please wear things that make you feel great!